Talk to anyone in the music industry who’s out on a Friday night and ask them how they’re doing, and you’ll probably get some version of the answer, “Eh, just been really busy.” This sort of nonchalant answer belies the reality that they’ve probably been too busy, and it’s affecting their mental health in negative ways.
A new survey conducted found among some 520 promoters, venue operators and event organizers found that 82 percent of people working in this business are suffering with continuous levels of stress.
According to the survey:
- 67 percent of respondents said they had anxiety
- 40 percent said they had struggled with depression
- 10 percent said they developed symptoms associated with Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) as a direct result of their work
- 65 percent of promoters said they frequently felt an “intense and unmanageable level of pressure”
- 47 percent said their work in music “often led to a constant feeling of anxiety and sadness”
- Read MORE